Monday, June 04, 2007

alex G the summer time dominator

alex grant

G stands for gansta, like ali G, true ballers.

every season you get the fast guys in march/april. then you get the next crop of fitness around june. so alex is the later trainer and gets fast just in time for the hard alpine 1 track. june/august.


last year i watched him dominate the deer valley national in the semi pros. he crushed it. then the year before that i watched him get 4th at the E100 mile epic in park city. thats hard core, you wont catch me doing anything like that. 50 miles is hard enough. ya last saturday at sundance alex uncorked his first ICUP win. we all knew it was coming but just didnt know when.

the timing is perfect cuz now hes racing pro at the norbas and the deer valley double is coming up this week end and next. i think hes going to throw it down. oh but sager is coming back this week end and there might be a show down . i think i will sit in the feed zone and watch.


If you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island, but all your human needs - such as food and water - were taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you?

A bunch of sunscreen and a well stocked cooler- I am pretty pale and why not make the most of it and have a good time; you are shipwrecked after all.

If you had six months with no obligations or financial constraints, what would you do with the time?A world tour of snowboarding, biking, music, sightseeing and eating. I have done a lot of traveling but always on a budget. I'd spend some time just chilling and doing nothing too.

If you had only six months left to live, what would you do with the time?

Try not to mope around the whole time - probably quit my job and do a lot of fun stuff. Move back to VT and hang out with my family. Then two seconds before I was going to die, if I knew it was a sure thing, I would ride my bike off a 500 foot cliff. Hey, you are going to die anyway.

If you could have dinner with anyone from history, who would it be, and why?
Wow, this one has me staring blankly at the computer screen... I was thinking back on all the really important people that I could talk to and possibly influence. I think I am going to have to go with someone from the present actually- Maynard James Keenan, the lead singer of Tool. I am a huge fan and want to know what inspired some of his songs and how its possible to write and play that well. He also owns a winery and I really like wine- maybe he'd uncork a couple good bottles for us.

If you could compare yourself with any animal, which would it be and why?Probably a monkey- I can do a really good monkey face.

If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?A Popsicle- I'd rather get licked then bit and chewed on all the time.

No comments: