Wednesday, June 27, 2007

tmac likes cement


terry mcginnis

rolf sorensen with tmac in germany


when i was 13 my dad had a shop in draper. i went there after school and put bikes together, did repairs and stuff. i rode my bmx bike 15 miles a day to school and then to draper. it was good times. tmac would come in with his mtn bike and tell us we should go ride with him. i was 14 or 15 and he kicked my ass a few times. he raced expert and won a lot. he liked riding motorcycles with dave wood and ripping the dh.




that was back in 88'.


now hes in bed recovering from cancer and the treatment.

i talked to him on the phone the other day and he was having a tough time. obviously, i dont know what hes going through so i hope this helps a bit.



we have tmac wrist bands and i hope that keeps things rolling on a positive note.

keep it up tmac its a hard race but one you can win so dont drop out.


1.whats your perfect job


I had so much fun announcing the Tour of Utah last year I would have to say Phil Liggett has the perfect job and I’d love to have his. Following the best bike races and racers around the world would be awesome.

whats your biggest dream, this may have changed recently so tell us if it did and how
If I could, I’d like to be able to do nothing but train and race just like a pro. Sly you are living my dream!


what have you been thinking about lately


Mostly about what great friends and family I have; how much support they have for me during my battle with cancer. It has been amazing to see how many people I have met and developed relationships with over the years.

tell us about family tmac
I have been married for almost twenty-one years to Cindy and have two wonderful children; Margaret, 20, who will start her junior year at the University of Utah in August and Nicholas, 16 who will be a junior at Olympus High and can’t wait to be able to drive without me in the car.

if you won lottery for 2 million what would you do next
Make sure my family was set for life and then do some traveling with them to exotic places.

whats up with the concrete conventions
We all have to work sometime.

how is it training with jeff and tbird
The best! Those two are amazing riders and it has been a real privilege to be one of their training partners over the years. It is so cool to ride with guys that put their egos aside and go to work, riding steady, consistent and predictably. And, of course, it stretched me and made me a better rider as well.

tell us about the last month, what kind of things have you learned through your health or lack of and the treatments
I have learned that because I have taken good care of myself I can tolerate the chemotherapy better than most. I also learned that cancer does not discriminate and can get you no matter how good your health may be. And I can tell you from first hand experience that cancer sucks.

would you rather be stuck on a island like cast away, stranded or be right where you are at right now
Where I am right now; surrounded by friends and family and fighting for all I’m worth.

5 comments:

Clintster said...

Go TMac

Anonymous said...

pure inspiration

Dave Harward said...

Keep it up TMac!
dh

IamMatt said...

"Where I am right now; surrounded by friends and family and fighting for all I’m worth."

Words to follow. Best of luck tmac

Chris Humbert said...

T-mac: being happy and considering yourself fortunate because you're "surrounded by friends and family and fighting for all I'm worth" says it all. You're an inspiration and a class act.
You rock,
Chris