Tuesday, June 12, 2007

pro rider feature reed wycoff


reed, tom cook and t bird should get together and jam.



reed works at contender, he races pro and usually i see him coming up behind me at the end. so the point is i need to pedal faster or he will pass me.

hes a young kid trying to get faster and not before long i dont doubt he will be up in the top 3. since this bike game here in utah has a few fast guys its super hard to get in the top 5 consistently.


i like reed cuz hes always nice and asks questions, has had bad days, mechanicals and keeps his chin up for the next week end. totally the opposite of some guys i have seen cussing, throwing bikes and having a bad attitude. so thats NOT reed. he knows how to get there and it takes time so have patience grass hopper.
1 why race ride or shred
2 how is working at contender
3 what do you think about racing pro in utah
4 whats your philosophy on dating or finding that special someone
5 if you had super powers what would it be
1. I ride because I love it. I'm always thinking about ways to become a better rider. I love having something that I'm always working at.

2. Working at the shop is great. I'm always meeting people who are in to riding and that seems to fuel my passion.

3. Racing as a pro in Utah is cool becuase I can race against the best around. I'm not as fast as top guys, but I want to ride as fast as I can. I figure that if I race against the best I will push myself further. It's also fun to race against guys who are more competitive with themselves than with others. There is sense that everybody wants to see you doing your best.

4. When it comes to dating I think that the most important thing is to find someone who you can share your life with. Many people settle for simply sharing a place to stay, dinner, and a bed. These things are all great, but I would like to think it's important to also share some of the same passions and energy regardless of the form they take.

5. If I could have any super powers I would have the ability to ride like chris fox.

2 comments:

UtRider said...

Yeah, Reed is the best. After winning the Cat 5 Buffalo Stampede race I think he started to entertain thoughts of turning away from the dirt but he appears to be back on track now.

Here's another Q & A from Reed: I was in Contender a while back and asked him how guys descend so fast on the dirt. His response? "Let go of the brakes."

Anonymous said...

Sly - Jay Burke here, you may not remember me, but I'm the mktg/pr director at Solitude, been around the race scene off and on for 15 years. Hoping you can help spread the word about our weekday series. Visit this BLOG for details (more detail coming soon too).
http://solituderace.blogspot.com/

Thanks for in advance and thanks for your BLOG, I find them entertaining and informative

Cheers.