Friday, June 29, 2007

expert rider teee-dub

tyler wilhelmsen

tall and skinny, tee dub just moved up to expert this year. i have known him for awhile. he used to work at guthries until they closed shop. norm, spencer and chan used to shoot rubber bands at him.
he likes to ride, race and work on bikes.

he rides mtn and road. maybe you have seen him at the ICUP. hes the tall skinny kid with the guthrie jersey.



here he is watching the tour. livin large, or bein hard core

ya rip it.

Sly, I have answered the questions below and attached a photo.

I like your blog.

Rip the DH.

T-Dub

Do you have many debts?

I still have to pay for my road bike, that should happen this summer. The only other debt that I have is for my truck which I bought last fall. I'm trying to pay extra each month on it.

Do you own or rent your home?

Neither, I'm mooching off of my parents. I helped them remodel it last year, so I figure they owe it to me. Ripping two layers of shingles off the roof every night until midnight for a week and breathing in 30 years of toxic dust while tearing out the basement was a lot of fun.

my parents live 5 minutes away from where I work, so it is nice living at home for a while.

How much do you weigh?

Anywhere from 145 to 152 since 9th grade.
It depends on the time of year.

What does your spouse think about your career?

I'm not married, but if I were I'm sure she would just hope it paid the bills. Selling paper shredders, binding supplies, laminators, etc. is not very glamourous, I feel like Jim on "The Office." Hopefully it is a stepping stone for getting a sales rep job in the biking industry somewhere down the road. I would rather be driving around selling stuff to bike shops than sitting at a desk selling stuff over the phone.

Have you ever brought a law suit against an employer?
No, I guess I'm just not very good at confrontation.

Where do you usually go on vacation?

When I was two, my mom's side of the family built a cabin in Island Park, Idaho near Yellowstone. We go there every Memorial Day, Labor Day, and usually for a couple of weeks every summer. It's nice to get up in the mountains and relax or ride the bike.
I like to go to the first two intermountain cup mountain bike races in Southern Utah every spring as well. It seems like I race better when I have to travel to get there, like I have more invested in the weekend and I don't want to waste it. Also, the other racers haven't been riding that much yet. I always get my butt kicked later in the season when everyone gets into shape. I guess I'll have to try to change that.
Two summers ago I went to France to watch the tour. I spent a week in Paris and Normandy then followed the race from the Pyrenees to Paris for a week and a half. We rode the Col D'Aubisque, Peyresourde, Soulat, etc. We would usually pick one or two climbs per day, it's amazing those guys can do 5 or six of them at the pace they do.I would like to go to Europe to watch a Moto GP race, probably Valencia.

What do you think about romance in the office?

I work with a very attractive girl who sits right across from me. She has a boyfriend though, so it's cool just to be friends. I think that would make work weird every day if I were dating someone there. My brother is marrying a girl that he worked with, though they didn't start dating seriously until after he got another job. Maybe I'll quit my job so I can date that girl.

Have you ever been sexually harassed?
The old married ladies in our accounting department like to flirt with the younger sales reps, but I guess that's not sexual harassment.

Do you have plans to get married?
Yes, I just don't know when. I'm kind of an anomaly in this culture being single at almost 27 years of age. I have too many friends who did the "right" thing and got married young and are now divorced. My main problem is I have a hard time settling down, there are too many things to do and places to see that would be difficult with a family. Maybe I'll just have to wait until retirement to do that.

Tell me about your family.

I come from your typical Utah family. Luckily my parents never forced culture or religion on us growing up, we had the opportunity to make our own decisions. My parents both worked while I grew up. My sister lives in England where her husband is an Air Force helicopter pilot. They have three kids who now have british accents. My older brother has two kids and lives in Ogden. My younger brother is getting married in July, so that pretty much leaves me alone in my current state of singleness.There was never any drama in our house, everyone is pretty laid back which was a nice way to grow up. We all remain good friends. Everyone has their own interests and hobbies which my parents tried to cultivate.
All pretty generic and unexciting I know, but I definitely don't regret anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever, I used to grope T-Dub all the time. When rejected my advances-I capped him in the ass...with a rubberband. Yet another form of sexual harassment.
We love you T-dub, (we being, me, my crazy self and normie-poo. )