Sunday, November 25, 2007

mike

i found this story and updated the post a week later.

i found out friday about mike janelle, it bothers me when people die. it might not seem that way if you know me. i dont like to talk about it.


but if its someone you see, know. friends or relatives its weird cuz they are gone and you wont see them for a long time. its like going on a vacation and not coming back. not being able to email or call on the phone.


so even known these guys are not best buddies or the like, you see them from time to time. give the what up and move on. watch these guys at the races suffer, give the good job look and i know how you feel look after its over. not saying much but communicating with feelings instead of words.

seeing these guys, like mike and AB , there are more, but these 2 stand out the most for me.

at events across the country. sometimes over the years maybe like 4 or 5 years ago him and jay henry came to st george for some early season march racing.
they were both "out of shape" and put the hurt on. i remember the old days like it was last week.

just acknowledging that you see them, saying hey and moving on probably too quickly.

then to learn theyre gone and that was your last chance, for awhile.


just so you guys know how good this guy is, i got this pic of him and bart rippin the first lap at moab 24 last month. side by side dual in the desert for an hour in the sand.

here the end of the lap. about 100 feet from the finish.
big pic here
sager has a good pic up in deer valley.


i hope there are good trails up there, otherwise im goin to be bored.

2 comments:

KanyonKris said...

And the trails up there don't have goatheads!

BTW, thanks for the info on the geatheads at Wheeler. I was thinking of doing the race, but without sealant I'm sure I would have flatted. I'll see if I can armor my tires for the next race.

TBS said...

I remember that race down in SG too. Mike was a fierce competitor and equally gracious in both victory and defeat. I think he was pretty victorious that day if I remember correctly... I didn't know him all too well, but I'll definitely miss seeing him at the various events where our paths invariably crossed. Ride on.