Wednesday, July 18, 2007

interview with the holleys

kc holley

the short girl on the 29er. but dont let her height trick you. she will probably drop your ass.

duo team fisher in the U.C. with that guy who is below.



what is your real job


I currently work for Pharmanex in their marketing department. My role is to create technical or educational materials and assist our markets with technical questions. Although in my heart I am a physical educator (without the standard hair cut).


what fun is it following chris around all the time, seems like hard training?


I enjoy the view of Chris from behind and I get a pretty decent draft also. He does get cranky though when I can't hold his wheel.

how do you deal with authority

I don't. I leave the man alone. I am afraid of him.


whats your view on womens liberation

I was never enslaved nor have I ever really felt discriminated against because I am a woman. I think women's lib has its place to a point but I also don't believe men and women are equal in all things. Biologically men and women are different. I won't go into the details, but if you look closely I am sure you will see some differences. For this reason, I don't believe they should be treated equally across the board.

do you really like kathy sherwin

Kathy who? I don't know a kathy sherwin. Oh, wait...is she the one who lines up on the start line, but then I don't see her again until the awards? Yeah, she is nice.

if you didn't race or ride what would you do

I am not sure. I would probably coach volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, or some other sport and be a baby machine like the rest of the 30 year old women in utah county.


whats the big deal with 29ers

29 inch wheels makes everthing (rocks, ledges, etc) a little bit smaller. Although from the reviews that I have read, it is a miracle I can climb on a 29 inch bike because I am not 5' 10".




chris holley

i think they would both be faster if they rode normal bikes. thanks for the handicap!

utah county has a following of 29ers, its like preaching islam in front of the temple here in the DT.

it falls on deaf ears. anyway me and zep raced these 2 at 12 hrs round valley a few weeks ago and they were hangin tough for 8 hrs, kc is a beast and she laid it down. dont know how she does it but these 2 got 3rd only like 15mins behind us.
way to shred.








what do you think about plastic surgery, cosmetic only, not for like accidents and stuff.

I am all for plastic surgery. I am currently saving up for calf implants. I am currently accepting donations for that surgery.

what do you think about public transportation (should tax dollars be spent on it? would you use it?)

If it was convenient I would use it. I am all for getting rid of the carcinogenic cloud that hangs over the valley.

whats your favorite movie in the last 2 years

Inside Man. Denzel Washington is dreamy.

since you live in the provo area, are there any good restaurants down there

I like cheap Mexican food--Del Taco, Bajio, Mi Ranchito, Cafe Rio. This is why I am not ten pounds lighter and fast.

whats your favorite ride, or rides (road or mtb)

Porcupine Rim, Sovreign in December, Gooseberry Mesa on a Single Speed, or any trail when the legs feel good and there is good company.


whats the big deal with 29ers

I got one for KC a few years ago. Then ended up bikeless after selling my bike before my new one came in, while KC had two bikes. I borrowed her Paragon 29er and rode sovereign in moab. I don't know if it was the wheel size or what but I have never had so much fun on a bike before. That bike was then converted into my single speed which recently met its demise at a Sundance race when the head tube snapped off. That was a sad, sad day.


do you really like chucky

I think he is a bastard covered bastard with bastard filling. When I am not racing against him he seems like a pretty good guy.

4 comments:

Forrest said...

How do those 29's do in the rooty technical singletrack back east? They might rock out here on the high alpine or desert courses, but I wouldnt want one on the twisty Mt. Snow singletrack. I want some more feedback. Just like Sly is puzzled by one speeders, I am puzzled by 29rs on real mtn bike courses.

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

yaa

Dave Harris said...

can't speak to east coast singletrack, but I was recently in Whistler for BC bike race. There were 3 29er bikes I saw and got to ride with each of those riders in techy, rooty singletrack. Seemed to me they were hauling the mail...I didn't see any disadvantage there. They of course thought they had a secret weapon.

UtRider said...

Forrest - This dude rolls the rigid single speed 29er on the trails east of the big Mississippi and seems to do ok. Well, he actually does a lot better than ok. This guy is FAST.

http://teamdicky.blog.com/