Sunday, July 08, 2007

its hot out so i watch tv all day, yaa

i got a couple emails from tmac and sauls press secretary


Friends and Family;

I can't thank you enough for your concern and support during my little battle with cancer and I thought since I had a follow up CT scan last week and rode my bike outside today (Yay!) for the first time since May 19th, it was time for a short update on my condition.

The good news is nothing has changed since my last scan seven weeks ago. As aggressive as my particular cancer has been, slowing the tumor growth has been the primary focus of my oncologist and it seems we have acheived that for now. In fact, one tumor has shrunk (thankfully the one on my sit bone that has prevented me from getting on the bike) so the chemo therapy we are using is working, but we have to keep at it.

I'll undergo four more sessions, one every two weeks, over the next two months and receive yet another CT scan to check progress. As long as I can keep riding my bike and the tumors continue to shrink, my next email to you should be full of good news.

Thanks again,
Terry




Spectators at Saturday's Porcupine Hill Climb didn't end up seeing the
victory many of them expected, but ultimately they experienced
something much more emotional. A Sunday morning article in the Salt Lake
Tribune expresses things eloquently: http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_6323011

Saul's book, Tour de Life: From Coma to Competition, will be in stores
this September. Copies are now available direct from the publisher at
http://www.ThreeStoryPress.com/purchase.html.

Sincerely,
Eleanor Divver
Three Story Press
http://www.TourdeLife.us

No comments: