Tuesday, October 16, 2007

tribute to utah

torkerville?






some people asked me about the "guy on a cross bike" picture below. its 1990 tomac old skool vintage long hair. 1991 world champ on a rigid steel fork rear disc wheel bar con shifters road style bars (obvious) i thought everyone knew. but im so old the young generation needs to have a history lesson.

yes its a mtn bike, before spd, front shocks, before STI, and scissors.
27 pound rigid mtn bike with no shocks. those guys were hard core.


back in 03' i did a couple road races with this guy. he worked me over. i might skip the race saturday and go.

and what the hell is this?
Extreme Beer Pong


Add to My Profile More Videos



swiss miss thinks shes good at ping pong, but i worked her over like this guy.





for forrest.

1994 vail worlds. hank wins on rigid fork and soft ride stem. 3 time world champ 92' 93' 94' yaaaa doper.




























maybe you say, sly, how do you know HES a doper. like it was so long ago. and you think you know everything.

ok, ok. i know almost everything.

this guy named GERT. and mtn jersey tour here
he was a first guy in the tour to get EPO and climb faster than contadoper.
coached bart brentjens (doper) and hank, 3 time world champ.

1996 olympic champ was doped.

you dont win mtn bike races, worlds. 3 times in a row, or 4 times like absalon ala natural. its impossible. or the tour 7 times.

call me a hater, but im right and its true. people who believe these lies probably dont think aliens exist either.

wake up.

8 comments:

Forrest said...

Remember Henrik Djernis Ritchey Shock stem that he won 1994 Worlds on?

Forrest said...

You motivated me to post some old school pics I took back in the day tonight on the blog too. And yes Henrik was a doper, dude only did like 3 world cups his whole career but shows up out of nowhere to win 3 straight???

RickySilk said...

oh come on guys... he just knew how to peak.

Forrest said...

Doper, and I am sticking to the story.

Anonymous said...

I've never even played you in ping pong, but If I do I'm sure I will win.

Swiss Miss

Anonymous said...

I would demand dope control at the ping pong tourney. That's all I'm saying.
RB

drrna said...

Long hair, drop bar MTB, 7-11 jersey. You shouldn't be allowed to race MTBs if you don't know who's in that picture.

Forrest said...

The doctor is right, how can you know where you are going if you dont know where you have been?