Sunday, April 15, 2007

blame it on the wind

to keep the theme going i named this for the wind storms we rode in today. 2 guys dropped me with a mile to go in a killer uphill head wind. they followed me all day then i was blown. ya dont lecture me about pulling into a head wind with 2 wheel suckers. these 2 from cali on the same team just followed me all day, i tried everything to get rid of them and it didnt work so i guess they were stronger and did the roadie move at the end. so i got 3rd in 2 hrs 40.


since we were racing at the same time as the pros i didnt get any pics except for this gem.

some times we had fast tail winds on this dirt road dh, hittin 50mph. then on the way back uphill we were goin like 5mph.
i couldnt believe nobody was near us. we were not goin any where fast but these 2 just sat behind me. yaaaaaaaa rmr at its best.
i was in the big ring all day, tried hammering the climbs and ripping the 1 track but they were on my wheel all day.
this one guy i dont know who he is but hes like 120 lbs 5' 5" from columbia then the announcer said hes some road guy.
figures he raced like one to a T.
going 3 mph on a climb then attacking me like track racer.
now that is really stupid, ya he won but it pisses me off and i told him that. he kept claiming he was blown too.
i dont know who won the pros i left, im goin to this bike swap in berkeley so no podium time, im on the road north bound.
oh ya i met jeff kerkove, he set me up with some new ergon grips/bar ends, thanks.
and my rear brake was broken the guys at sram/avid put a new caliper on it this morning the piston broke off. i think my bb bearings are blown too
nice
norba 2 and 3 in 2 weeks, santa barbara fontucky.
i better start the water melon. getting dropped on the last climb is a ball breaker

No comments: