Monday, April 09, 2007

i changed my name to prefontaine


not cuz im a runner, but i like his style. i dont run, except up volcanos.




Great Quotes from a Great Runner.


"Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative."


"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more. Nobody is going to win a 5,000 meter race after running an easy 2 miles. Not with me. If I lose forcing the pace all the way, well, at least I can live with myself."


"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift."


"I don't just go out there and run. I like to give people watching something exciting."


"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him,' and I just took off."

"What I want is to be number one."

this guy kicks ass, im goin up millcreek to check on the snow levels, shred the gulch, get road miles on the scalpel. i'll post pics when i get back.

4 comments:

Forrest said...

WORD!

Forrest said...

Someone should have told Hincapie how to race like a man, his stage victory was so UN-Prefontaine!

http://www.velonews.com/tour2005/details/articles/8527.0.html

flahute said...

But he died, man ... he died!

Bart G said...

He used to make his own shoes and basicly ended up making the 1st Nike waffle runner. My understadning is he poured hot rubber into a waffle iron to make the sole.
The movie PRE rules