Wednesday, June 21, 2006

i wish everyday was like today

well i wrote some long story then blogger freakin deleted it, it went somethin like this.

today was as perfect as it gets for riding, the weather is well did you go outside today and check it. not too hot, sunset at 930, no wind and blue skies. its all downhill from here. longest day today and that just kicks ass.

riding was perfect, but the mailman sucks, he comes at 7pm to deliver and pick up all my packages. what the hell is wrong with him

and my comcast hasnt been workin all day so i cant post jack. so here my long story.


i took the last 72 hrs off because i couldnt walk up 10 stairs without passing out. then all of the sudden i feel like superman today, riding big ring again. i wish i could time these days for saturdays instead. i rode up to dog lake and ripped down little water, some dude did a endo about 10 sec in front of me, so i hit a rock jump and launched over him. hope hes okay, i saw him in the dirt laying there. then busted down pipeline for 3.5 hr ride. big ringin it all the way up millcreek, on the mtn bike, ive never done that before. thats 1 thing i hate about racing or training one day you cant ride across the street and the next nobody can stop you. it starts screwin with my mind and i think im retarded or something. cant ride granny even some days. if anyone has a manual on how to use a human body email me. i lost mine.

so im not sick, i just felt wasted for the past few days. 72 hrs rest seems to do wonders. last weekend i finished a 3 week block of 56 hrs and i guess i over did it a little and needed some time off. so bart reminded me i have only been riding/training for about 100 days and it will take a few more months. but im impatient and that seems to be one my many problems.

my race season is kind of different than most. im planning on racing up until december then im movin to st george for 4 months. it will be nice to get out of the winter weather for awhile. then rip it up and start off with a early spring race season.

maybe im thinkin too far ahead, but its a rough plan.
i wonder i passed the mop today in millcreek, red jersey, flowing locks, tried to drop me, but i worked him over.


2 comments:

Team Rico said...

Sly, I saw you barreling past a few roadies as I was coming down the Canyon

The Mop said...

Glad to hear your out swinging again.....