Wednesday, May 30, 2007

bob from kentucky

bobby
the best story i have with bobby is down in phoenix this year with bz and kathy. we stayed at some guys house who wasnt home, trashed the place and went to the water fountain and got some funny pictures. i never saw him laugh so hard, since its easy for me to make a jack ass out of myself its worth it to see those guys laugh and cant breath. kathy and bz only know what im talkin about.
its good to have bobby at the races, putting together a big club/team, racing hard and even doing cyclocross. ya big ring it.


1 why race or ride


Besides being obsessive and compulsive, I like the burn and the post race euphoria, I like being on the dirt and pushing the envelope to see how much I can push myself, I want to win, but I actually feel better knowing I am able to do this sport and do well occasionally. In addition to that, I have to say that the cycling community is awesome, like minded people who all seem to be more than willing to help others out, in any way. I have met some great friends and continue to meet more.

2 are you glad you moved here from Kentucky
It has changed my life, I picture my self, if I stayed in Kentucky , smoking cigars, very little exercise, unhappy at work. Today none of that is true, so yes I am very glad, the one part that is not so great is the fact that our families are so far away, we rarely get to see them.

3 would you ever race 24 hrs moab solo
Never one to say no to anything, I would maybe do it in the future, but I would want to do well, so my training would have to be completely different, and I would not do it on a hard tail. That answer sounds far more positive than those guys/gals are crazy, hell no!

4 what do you tell the girls when they ask you out on dates, when you are out at the clubs and the cheesy lines flow like wine
I tell them that Lyna will kick their ass, of course you will find me at home on weekend nights trying to get to bed by 11. So I generally don’t have to worry about the groupies anymore, or Lyna kicking their collective asses.

5 what goes through your head when you are at heart rate 190 pinned in the hardest race you can remember
I think it is something along the lines of “grrrrraaarggghhhhhhooooowwwwweeeeeeeouch What the hell am I doing this for, I am so quitting, arrrggghhhhh, oh crap there’s Pilling, maybe I can catch him.ggrrrrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwweeeyyyyyyyyPOP” Every race is hard, I can’t remember which one was the hardest, but generally the hardest races are when my heart rate can’t go above 150, cause I am blown, out in the middle of nowhere, with the only option being to ride to the damn finish, at these points I ponder lifes greater questions (no shit) and realize how lucky I am.

No comments: