Thursday, May 31, 2007

shannon and stormin

i hope shannon and jen win that lottery thing.

here you go. My mind may be clouded with lactic acid so I take no responsibility for the answers.... ya so is mine.
Why race/shred:
It think it is different for everyone. I race because mountain bike racing is such an exciting and unique sport. Where else would you get to compete in some of the coolest terrain in the country. I have raced in the red rocks of Moab, high mountain meadows in Crested Butte and Brianhead, incredible pine forests in Washington, the desert in full bloom in Phoenix, in Vermont and Michigan forests so deep you can't see the rider 10 seconds in front of you, and watched shooting stars cross the darkest night sky at the 24 Hours of Moab. I don't think you can experience beauty like that in any other sport. After 16 years of racing I still compete because when I am not I can't stop thinking about it.
How to find someone special:
That's a tough one. The best thing to do is really think about what you want from a partner. Then when you meet that person don't be afraid to go after him or her. You never know what might happen or if you will ever see them again. You may be making yourself vulnerable to getting hurt but you may end up changing your life forever.
What's a normal day:
I start work at 7am. I usually eat breakfast in my car because I hate getting up early. I try to sleep as late as possible. I am a Nurse Practitioner at the University of Utah and I work on the Orthopedic Trauma team. We treat people who have suffered fractures of "big bones" like femurs, tibias, pelvis, and humerus. We also treat people with clavicle fractures for all you bikers out there. I split my time at work between the operating room, hospital floor, and clinic. I finish up at 3 or 4 and then come home to hang out with Jen for a little while. We usually leave together to ride for a few hours and then meet back at home. Then I eat and hit the sack. We are like old people, we usually are sleeping before our 93 year old neighbor even gets home. He likes to go out dancing, no shit.....
Dream job:
I stumbled on it a few years ago. One of the Surfing magazines owns a boat and each year they pay for a group of experienced shredders and a hand picked group of younger hardcore surfers to cruise the ocean all year long. Just going to greatest beaches in the world and hitting the best waves. That's all they do! Photographers take pictures of them all day tearing it up and sell them to help pay for the travel expenses. That's what I want to do but on mountain bikes! Get a huge RV with some serious hardcore old pros like Tomac and Alison Dunlap and a couple of young freakshows and just cruise around hitting all the best trails in the world. Tearing it up all day and then hanging out at the RV and barbequing all night. Who wouldn't love that...
If I died tomorrow:
I would be bummed. I have a lot of plans and none of them include me dying at 31. I would be disappointed I haven't spent more time with my friends and family. Work sucks!! A friend of mine, Ben Krieg, died 2 years ago at 30. It still really bums me out when I think about him. I didn't get to see him much and I always just assumed we would run into each other and get to hang out again. Now that isn't going to happen.Wow, that last one was a real buzz killer!!


short and sweet, just like stormin.

1 hows the new truck. the truck is great.

2 do you think you can ever beat me in a hillclimb, no i cant go that fast.

3 who would win in chess between you and turbo
turbo, im not good at chess.


4 what do you tell all the chicks that want you

ya come to me.

5 how did you get into racing

I rode my dad's 86' Cannondale one day to Liberty park and did some laps and since then I was hooked.

thats really odd, liberty park. the pink guy rides there. and this is no lie. i saw the pink guys house its pink, and on the mail box it says "earth wind fire" norm jr.

amazing. boggling....

No comments: