Tuesday, May 29, 2007

giant killer

bryson

bryson is young guy, back when he was 15 he would come out to decker dash. he was like mitchel peterson, tall skinny and always trying to go fast.
hes still tall and skinny but when he was 15 i thought it was cool he was at decker dash way back in 1995, racing with us. now his skinny legs have tons of power and its hard to follow when the trail turns up.
after all these years i see riders come and go and if someone sticks to it like bryson you get it done.
racing good takes time, dedication and commitment.
bryson knows all about that.
1 you are a good mtn biker, why race road bikes

Good Question. I love them both. I will be doing more mtn bike races next year and later this year but I really enjoy doing both although it is hard to go back and forth.
I think I am better suited to the road but I love the mtn bike so I will never stop racing off road. I guess the biggest reason is there is only one race per weekend and the road racing seems to give me better fitness for the races that are my goals for the year.

2 how is life being a dad, with a job and racing so much at a high level

I feel like it is important to be balanced in life. I love my job so it makes it easy to work and I love being home with my family so it is easy to spend time with them. The hardest thing to do is get out and do my training and even more then that would be to be away from my family for more then one day at a time when I go to a race for a long weekend or a long stage race. I just try to keep it balanced. Make enough money to pay the bills, Spend enough time with my family so that I don’t miss anything, and train so that I don’t get my butt kicked on the weekend.

3 you beat jeff louder last week end, tell me how the hell you did that

I still am really excited about that one. I have been working really hard with my new coach Tommy Nelson so of course that has had something to do with it and of course my team had a big role in our win by keeping me protected all day. I never had to chase except the second to last time up the climb when Jeff attacked. Man was that hard. Jeff had to help bring back Sandy on the last lap so I got a free ride for a good 15 miles of the last 25 miles. On the last climb I was able to hang with Jeff when he attacked several times and luckily held him off in the sprint. I guess a little luck and a lot of hard work and a good coach is how I managed to beat Jeff. He is an amazing rider and I consider that the biggest win I have had because he was there. I just hope I can keep improving so that I can be with Jeff more often when we get to the end of races.

4 do you like being on sandys team, the dictator.

Of course I do. Sandy is great! Yeah he is loud, but he is a great teammate and friend. I will miss him when he goes off to Med school. Maybe I can get him to come out to a mtn bike race so you can interview him.

5 if you and turbo played checkers who would win

Are you kidding, I would kill Turbo in Checkers. Didn’t you know Turbo is color blind

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not color blind, but I am too dumb to play checkers. I can't concentrate for that long.
RB