Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ya i know these 2 fast girls



kathy



if you have been around the races in the last 4 years you know this girl wins all the races in utah.


cross or mtn, nobody can keep up.

maybe its cuz she dedicated it all and wanted to take it to the top.


i remember i met her and chris sherwin in 2003. it wasnt always 1st place. there was a girl in town back then that wooped her pretty good and kathy kept training and got real good.


thats dedication and commitment. most people dont know what it takes to get to this kind of pro level of racing.

but she does.

check out the face, you can see it.


how is life as a pro racer:
Life as a Pro Racer is good but it could be better. Always looking to make things better to include my fitness, the sport, my mind, the races, etc. There are some days that I get out there to ride and I truly realize I do have the best job in the world..........these thoughts usually fall on recovery days only though. Ha ha!

why race, ride or shred:
Do you know how good it feels to hurt? It is the best feeling when you know you are building on what you already have. Being spent is sweet and being spent is where you need to be after those races and hard workouts.

what would you do with out pepe:
First off, I would have my full time job back. No question there. And, I would need to find a new manager, support crew, feeder, trip organizer, wound kisser, sponsorship manager, tire changer, mental supporter, bike assembler, bike hauler, ass hauler, therapist for my header, and everything doer basically. He pretty much rules you could say.

what is a perfect day:
Wake up and have the right ratio of freshly ground french press coffee to H2O mixed in the french press. Then feel like crap all day and think that your workout is going to suck and get out there on the bike and freakin nail it with the best Vo2's you have ever done.........something your mind told you wasn't in the cards before the workout. LOVE THAT.

what would do if you were in a wheel chair because of a bad crash
paralyzed for life:
I have thought about that before because god you can go down HARD on an mtb can't you? For starters I would refer to what you put on your blog on May 19th by Ralph Marston and then I would tell all the doctors bah - hum - bug when they would use words like "never" "can't" "won't".


jen hanks
the 1st or 2nd half of shannon boffeli, i dont know which one to say first which is correct. so you get both.
i would say the 1st half. thats my view.
so shes from the mid west and likes to race, if kathy is at a big race and jen is at the utah race then she gets to win the pros, 2nd runner up to her is dang good. working full time and racing pro is hard core. i wouldnt want to do it.
i know she likes to rip 1 track and she weighs about 100 lbs so watch out on the climbs.
i remember in 2004 when i was real fat i was trying to train up millcreek on the road. i weighed a lot and i was hatin it.
she passed me and kicked my ass, i couldnt keep up.
i bet she does that to a lot of guys, racing or training. its demoralizing so keep it jen. you rip.
1 why ride, race or shred-
I have loved mountain biking since my very first ride on a completely rigid (low end) Univega on the Sugarbottom trail in Iowa City (1994). It is a great way to get outside, enjoy the beautiful scenery that the world has to offer, and get away from the stresses of the daily grind. Sharing this with someone special is an extra bonus. Because I love competition, I wanted to race right away and have been riding and racing since.
2 tell us single folks the way to find that special some one-
I have no idea. Shannon and I have been together so long that I wouldn't even know where to begin. Fortunately, I don't want to know,either!
3 whats a normal day-
Typical weekday: Wake up 6:00ish. Stretch. Eat breakfast. Take the best dog in the world for a walk. Get to work by 8:00AM. Work as a school-based Occupational Therapist with kids with disabilities. Day spent completing evaluations, consulting with school staff, supervising aides, attending meetings, and driving to 15 different schools. Home around 4:00. Take best dog in the world to the park. Bike ride!!!! Dinner. Bed. Up again for another day.
4 whats a dream job-I have a pretty great job and I love my profession. I do wish I was able to spend more time outdoors doing what I do. Perhaps using horses therapeutically to address the therapeutic needs of my kids with disabilities (they call this hippotherapy, I'm not sure why).
5 what if you died tomorrow-I'd be bummed! There is so much more I want to do.

No comments: