Wednesday, May 30, 2007

hurtin

when you see this it means pain cave.






i didnt ask garzelli 5 lame questions, but if i saw him i would.














he reminds me of this guy.



team rico, aka eric rasmussen.




heres the deal about team rico. his dad and my dad are friends from way back. bmx type 1988 old school days. when i was triple jumping on 20" wheels our dads were working on trucks and stuff.

so we didnt hang out but i've known him for a long time. since im a bit older 6 yrs, i think. i have seen him race mtn bikes 10 years ago then watch him race road bikes for 5 years.
this guy started in the bottom of the basement and with tons of training, riding with the best and suffering hours on end in the winter on the trainer this is the result of nothing but hard work.
i dont know how you do it team rico. but i guess its all in the name.

1 hows life in magna

Magna has its good and bad. I grew up there so its easy for me to live there now I guess. Good- Out of the way of everything (nobody comes to Magna to shop or see a movie) Bad- Its out of the way of everything especially the high Alpine singletrack nestled in the Wasatch. I have made it a point to get out of there sometime soon before my girls get older.

2 why the hell do you race road bikes

I gotta mix up my racing. I decided a couple years ago to try the road scene and keep the MTB for my enjoyment rather than my racing itch. Now I am slowly getting back to racing the MTB more. I may have something to do with my upgrade to a 2 which now means I get a good beating from the 1's every week on the road. Now I just get beat up by a few select Fat Tire friends in the dirt.

3 tell us about hangin with aj, dh and glen a. aaron jordin, dave harward, glen adams.

It is really great to race, ride, train and hang out with these guys. I have learned more from these 3 about racing, training and life than I could have learned on my own in 2 lifetimes. I owe a lot of my success to AJ for showing me how and when to train. DH has shown me to be tough and never quit and GA has helped me become a better MTB desender and road sprinter by example. I am a lucky guy to have these 3 as my good friends.

4 how is it to win your 1st RMR A pack

Its a big relief to get a win. Road cycling is such a game of chance and luck. I happen to have some good luck and I have a decent sprint to finish. I hope more are to come.

5 what was the process of you picking up on your wife, in other words tell us losers how to get married.

I am the worst for dating advice. I met my wife by chance and some good luck through a mutual friend. I am a serious introvert with almost no personality. It just goes to show anyone can find someone that will put up with their shit. Even the pink guy......

1 comment:

Team Rico said...

best interview ever.....