Wednesday, June 06, 2007

AJ powerhouse

aaron jordin


here is aj left, and mike pratt. aj used to race mtn bikes with us a few years back then he disappeared to rmr, dmv and other road bike festivities. if you dont know him then too bad. tall and puts out big watts. so if you want a free ride at the dmv or rmr get on his wheel. if you can. he will probably put you in the pain cave.


ya that was a good one.

tell us about the family man AJ

Yes I am a family man. Many have met my beautiful wife and better half Cherell. She's good at humbling the boys on group rides involving any sort of climbing. She is not kilogram impaired like me. It's funny how many guys are on "recovery days" when she shows up. My son Ryder is almost 5, has a bike shop of his own in the garage. Calla is 2 1/2 and rules my world. She has her Daddy wrapped around her finger. I'm a regular working stiff and try to race and ride around work and family - but like every bike racer I know, am selfish enough to get in the races and riding I need!

since we are old, raced a lot, cx, mtn and road. seen many race situations. why do you keep racing road bikes
Started racing mtb's about 13 years ago - loved it and was quickly addicted. Was having a blast racing and doing well even working over Sly for my first and only pro/semi-pro mtb win at 5-mile pass when Ryan Littlefield talked me into buying a road bike. Within weeks, the mtb was collecting dust and I was hooked on the road. Have only raced my mtb twice since then and realized both times that it hurts way to much to actually be fun. Now I'm all about the pulling the kids in the Burley behind the mtb instead of getting it dirty.

whats your best memory of me, since we go way back.

Racing mtb's at the DMV and watching you ride away from the field while listening to your "walk-man" - no ipods back then. You even stopped and flipped over the cassette mid race. That made me laugh pretty hard - or at least kind of hard since I was actually breathing hard and trying to race - they should bring that mtb series back - it was a blast.
if you didnt race or ride what would you be doing, or done with your time
I'd be a gym rat, playing a lot of pick-up basketball and being thrown out of various bball leagues because of my nasty temper - or sitting on the couch a lot.

do you ever eat too much and then get sick

Only about twice a month. I'm all about maintaining a race weight that's detrimental to my performance.
Thanks - hope to see you taking photos mid-race soon.


yaaaa

No comments: