Monday, June 25, 2007

gary dastrup works at the jail yaa



gary dastrup, ya he races road bikes and cyclocross.
but back in the day he used to race mtn bikes with me and bart.
when we were 15.
then he went away. he hated us, he went on a mission and i never saw him for 10 years. then he decided to show up at wheeler farm bout 5 yrs ago and start gettin fast again.
so he saw me get fat and sick, then i got better and thinner.
i told him how, since he was sicker than a dog. he tried it and hes better now.
so everyone go wash out your ass. ya i said it so go do it. you will feel better.


i guess he likes to swing with the young dastrup





how is it working at the jail

It’s a consistent wage. The 20 year retirement is a nice thing to help make being locked up with hardened criminals eight hours a day worth it.
Really its mostly mellow treat people like people and generally it’s a good day. I have had chairs and food trays thrown at me, no poop. Those occurrences could have been any one some prisoners just can’t get along with any one. The chair thrower we shipped out to the state prison for an extra six months, not sure about the crazy guy that threw the tray. He cut my head open. I think the state hospital got him, he though we were messing with his food so he washed it like a raccoon, even his bread.
When I first started this jail thing I thought I needed to be big so I went to the weight room and put on forty pounds. Wow it looked cool but I was already riding slow as it was, bike riding was priority so it had to come off. I dropped ten or fifteen of it. Elizabeth helped with the rest. I look like I am wearing my dad’s uniforms now (all baggy).


tell us about family man dastrup

My wife and Son are what make me try not to be a bum. Before I got married I was still trying to make ends met working crummy yobs not jobs that allowed me to fit bike riding and a collage attempt in. I had no problem with having loser jobs with the exception of never feeling up to racing like I wanted to. Bobbie said you keep talking about it so give it a try. So now I have more of a career, and I can impersonate a bike racer now and we have a great mini us running around. I feel bad for them dealing with me and my addiction. Bobbie is strong to keep encouraging me and work full time jobs, raising me and Neil as well as keep are home in order. Bike racing is a rough selfish ride to take a family on.
I also have to say that I am living a second child hood watching my son grow up playing with him is the days high light.















whats your dream job


I am so glad you asked. Racing bikes of course. This question can help me clarify the statement above. All I ever wanted was to ride/race bikes I never cared about getting rich or famous just have enough to eat right and keep a place to live.
So in a nut shell a bike bum in a one room apartment with crates for furniture nice bikes traveling to and winning races.
That ship sailed when I decided to go on a mission my body hasn’t been the same since. It’s truly a dream now I wouldn’t give up my wife and son for that and I can’t let bike racing bring them that far down. I race to slow to ask any one for the same money I bring to the family now. Or any money for that matter. I am lucky Vanguard lets me pay them to put there jersey on.


how am i as salt lakes premier online blog entertainer

I don’t think there are many blogs that can compete with the one originating from the fox den. I do miss the Mopinators blog though, he and I could blaspheme like no other, when he pulled the plug I just became a blog reader instead of a blog poster. The Prophet Mop still inspires me though. And can pickle a mean jar of garlic I might add.

if you didnt have to work what would you do with your time

Ride my bike. At the risk of sounding one sided and redundant. I would get up with sun and put in a good ride come home and have lunch with the family take a nap, go see a show, get a snack and go bust out some more time on the two wheeler. Come home to another of Bobbies awesome meals and enjoy the family time. The newest thing is the huge swing set we have out in the back yard what a way to finish the day.


whats the best story from elizabeth king

I should just keep this short and say when she told me in her Marry Poppins voice that I was full of rotten shit, or something like that. I wasn’t to taken back because I am told that among other insults at work regularly. She clarified by going in to a long and gruesome explanation about mucous and ph balances etc. So 20 days and draining one of my son’s accounts I started calling her the Fox’s performance in enhancing doctor.

1 comment:

Clintster said...

Dastrup rips the big ring in 'cross. See you this weekend Gary!